COVID-19 Updates and Information
It is our goal to keep you updated about the COVID-19 coronavirus. Please visit here often for updated information.
Governor Wolf Extends School Closure for Remainder of Academic Year
Harrisburg, PA - Continuing his efforts to protect the health and safety of students and communities during the COVID-19 pandemic, Governor Tom Wolf today announced that all schools will remain closed for the remainder of the 2019–2020 academic year. The governor made the decision in consultation with Secretary of Health Dr. Rachel Levine and Secretary of Education Pedro A. Rivera. Students and families can continue to pick up meals at designated sites.
Please see below for additional information on the extended school closure.
Governor Wolf Calls for Universal Masking
Harrisburg, PA – During a COVID-19 press briefing on April 3, 2020, Governor Tom Wolf recommended that all Pennsylvanians wear a mask any time they leave their homes for life-sustaining reasons. As COVID-19 cases steadily rise in the state, Governor Wolf stressed the need to intensify all measures to help stop the spread of the virus.
Please take a moment to read the April 3 press release in its entirety.
COVID-19 Coronavirus Information
- COVID-19 Updates - May 21, 2020
- FBI Background Check Extension - May 11, 2020
- Frequently Asked Questions on Act 13 of 2020
- Frequently Asked Questions on COVID-19
- Joint Letter to Pennsylvania Legislators - March 18, 2020
- Joint Letter Urging Lawmakers to Oppose School Property Tax Freeze - April 17, 2020
- Letter to Pennsylvania Department of Education - May 7, 2020
- Pennsylvania Department of Education
- Pennsylvania State Associations Funding Letter - May 8, 2020
- Plan for Pennsylvania Businesses
- Plan for Pennsylvania Health Care Systems and Providers
- Plan for Pennsylvanians