It is the mission of the Pennsylvania Association of Rural and Small Schools to promote equal opportunity for quality education for all students in every school and community in Pennsylvania.
The initial goals of PARSS were established to fulfill the primary purpose of the organization, and these were the goals as stated in PARSS’ first brochure:
- Develop a database through research and the compilation of existing data sources.
- Formulate plans, proposals, subsidies, and curricula in the best interests of the membership.
- Inform the legislature, State Board of Education, and other such groups or agencies of the concerns, needs, and research of the association so as to effectively influence legislation, rules, regulations, and policy making.
- Inform the membership of the results of research and data collection and plans of the association.
- Solicit support of its membership to support the goals of the organization.
- Communicate frequently with our members.
Naturally, an organization’s goals do change from time to time, and PARSS goals are ever changing to reflect the current needs of rural and small school students and their districts.